The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Spambots Posted by Torinaura
Hello everyone! I am sure you are just as disgusted by these pesky spambots as we are right now. We are currently still attempting to put a plug on their sign ups and prevent them from popping up out of the snow like daisies once and for all. If you have noticed, we have put a captcha code on sign ups, enacted an auto ban on accounts repeating the same message, and have finally repaired the IP ban. Despite this, the bots are still getting through and inconveniencing everyone. We apologize for any disturbance the spambots have caused.
That said, I know you all know what I am going to say next:
1. Never click on links you are not 100% sure if they are safe or not. To prevent yourself from accidentally visiting a malicious site, install applications such as adblock, noscript, Web of Trust, and the like on your web browser. If you have these installed, simply highlight the link and paste it onto your search bar. From there, the applications can let you know if they are safe or not. Also, if the link has been shortened via sites like tinyurl and you don't really trust the person who sent you it, don't click on it. I know, it's tempting, but you must resist.
2. If a spambot happens to go "hey, that’s some nice artwork you got there," you have the ability to remove their comment either in your updates or on the artwork page itself.
3. If you stumble across a spambot, report the user page and not the comment. Otherwise, if the comment is deleted, we see a "comment not found" in your report.
4. How do you know a spambot is a spambot? Simple! You can either highlight the email listed on its profile and Google searching it. If the search results in websites such as stopforumspam.com or botbusted.com, then we can guarantee you it isn't a user.
5. Lastly, the spam bots seem to be commenting with the same link, fullmalls.com. If you see a comment pimping that site, that's a very good indication that it's spam. Also, as stated before, never click the link.
As always, if any of you have comments, questions, or advice for us, simply leave your input and we'll get back to you. Again, we are sorry these bots are disrupting your normal Sheezy adventures. We will get this sorted out real soon, so hang tight!