Pink ribbon's pic for 2008
They were asked to participate for a noble cause, the pink ribbon. Vanessa KilÃ©o - aka Freya - was the first one to agree, but Bothan hesitated a bit. Why would she join that snapshoot? She's not human and she doesn't know why she should be on a calendar for humans. It was the decision of her twin who helps her to choose. Daji accepted, claiming that it's not just an human cause, but an universal one.
Both Bothan and Vanessa were surprised beyond words. The grand-admiral Daji accepted to help an human cause, such a contradiction with the war she leaded thousand of years ago. But more than that, it was the scar she presented with proudness that moved the two other women.
- Daji, if you want me to heal that scar in order to erase it, you just have to name it and it will...
- I know that, Freya, but I want to keep that scar.
- But... I'm the one who gave you such a deadly wound! Bothan was saddened by that scar.
- Exactly, and that's why I want to see my scar every time I have to look in a mirror.
- I'm sorry Daji... I never wanted to kill you... said Bothan, her eyes watered by tears
- So you think that I consider that scar as a bad memory of my defeat, and as a proof of my will to revenge?
The arctic vixen was close to cry. Those memories never stopped to haunt her from that tragic day when she had to sacrifice her own sister in order to save the humanity. She thought for so long that she was dead, untill recently.
Bothan looked at her sister. She seemed so determinated, like the grand-admiral she always was. Daji smirked then
- The feeling of a blade which pierced your heart is quite a surprising one, you know? But more than that, it's the feeling of your determination which leads me to appreciate that scar.
- To... Appreciate? repeated Vanessa
- Yes. We were fighting for two causes which sadly needed to have a winner and a loser. Bothan's determination was greater than mine, and so the humanity was saved.
- Sis... You let me to win...
- That's true, I let you to give that final hit. Do you know why?
None of the two other girls didn't know why, so Daji continued :
- Because your determination was bigger than mine, as said previously. During all that vendetta I doubted about my determination. And you were forced to fight against me, to hold that promise to protect all life, a promise I failed as a grand-admiral. I'm glad to have hold that promise at least with my sacrifice. It was my only way to deserve a redemption, with all the sins I commited as a grand-admiral, those billions of death I brang through the universe. This scar is a memory of the determination of my beloved sister, and the redemption I searched so long for.
- It's all past now. I'm still alive, thanks to you Freya and your brother Aesir... Both the humanity and the furry were saved, and it's only thanks to your great efforts. It's now my duty to fight for our two cultures. And if that snap can help a bit, I'm glad to participate.
Both Bothan and Freya were proud of the grand-admiral, and Daji was even more proud of her scar
So, Daji's alive!
If you want to have a look on the fight between the two sisters at the very end of Freespace, it's Fratricide
, just click there
The 2008 version for the breast cancer cause.
Donate for free for some mammograms
by clicking right here
! It's completely free, you just have to click and sponsor will pay the mammograms.
And have a look on the related journal
All characters (c) Amiral Aesir
the 18th October 2008. Watercolors the 24th October 2008.