WTDC chapter 10: Four Shades of Violet
Four Shades of Violet
At Wobnair’s lair, Violet and Indigo were getting prepared for Timmy and his friends to arrive.
- “All we have to do now is wait!” Violet said. “Are you sure they’re coming?”
- “No doubt!” Indigo replied. “If what I’ve heard about the Omnitrix is true, then they won’t have much trouble finding us. And if they would by any chance get passed us, they won’t get through the security system… I made that!”
- “And when they get discovered, they won’t get passed the alert system... I made that!”
Meanwhile, several miles from there. Timmy and his friends came closer at an intense speed.
- “If that Indigo guy puts one scratch on Tootie...” Timmy said. “I’ll make sure it’ll be the last thing he’ll ever do!”
- “I understand your anger, Timmy.” Ashley said. “But Indigo is strong, probably even stronger than Violet who attacked you at the pizza shop!”
- “No matter!” Boris said. “Our friend is in danger so we’ll do everything we can to save her!”
They were now close enough to see Wobnair’s lair, and therefore they were spotted.
- “I think I see them!” Violet said. “They’re riding on an... orange dog-thing without eyes!”
- “Let me see!” Indigo said and took the binoculars from Violet. “How interesting, a vulpimancer!”
- “A what?”
- “You obviously don’t know much about aliens! In short, it’s a wild beast with a heightened sense of smelling, it might already know we’re here!”
- “But where did Turner get a vulpimancer?”
- “It’s Tennyson, bonehead!” Indigo said. “So don’t just stand there, blast him!”
- “Got it!” Violet said and picked up a big bazooka and shot out a huge purple beam.
The beam was closing in on Wildmutt.
- “Incoming!” Boris yelled.
- “Reflecto Barrier!” Ashley shouted and reflected the beam.
- “That was close!” Timmy said. “Good reflexes, Ashley!”
- “Say Ben!” Mac said. “Do you think you can keep running much longer?”
Ben just muttered, as he couldn’t speak when he was Wildmutt.
- “I’ll take that as a yes!” Goo said.
Back at the entrance, Violet just kept shooting.
- “Keep it up, Violet!” Indigo said. “That witch can’t reflect all of your shots!”
- “Oh, I’m not intending to stop for a while!” Violet replied as she kept firing.
As Timmy and his friends got really close to the entrance, Ben’s clock started to tick and in a flash he turned back to human.
- “That’s what I call bad timing!” Boris said.
- “Yeah, it usually does that!” Ben said.
As they just got up from their fall, Violet flew down to them armed with her bazooka.
- “Move and I’ll blast you into oblivion!” she said as everyone raised their hands, surrendering. “Indigo, do it!”
- “Got it, Violet!” Indigo said and shot the same yellow gas on them as he used on Timmy’s dad earlier. “Sleep tight!”
When Timmy woke up later, he was chained to the wall in a dungeon. Next to him were Ben, Boris, Ashley, Goo and Mac, also in chains.
- “Where are we?” Timmy said.
- “I don’t know!” Ben said. “Probably in their prison or something. Is everybody ok?”
- “Except from being chained to the wall in a dark place filled with rats, never better!” Goo said.
- “Do you mind being a little quiet?” Ashley said. “I’m trying to free myself from the chains, and to do that I need to concentrate!”
- “Sorry Ashes!” Boris said. “I guess we’ll just hang around until you break the chains… hurry up though, the rock wall behind me is cold!”
- “Got it!” Ashley said as her chains vanished in thin air.
- “Great!” Timmy said. “Now free us too!”
- “Sorry, but it’ll take too much time!”
- “What? You’re gonna let us hang here?”
- “Think about it, Timmy! It might take minutes, maybe even hours for me to get you all out of the chains, and while I do that who knows what they’re doing with Tootie? I’m sorry, but I’ll come back with help as fast as I can!”
- “You go, Ashley!” Mac said. “We’ll figure out a way to get out of here!”
- “I’ll find Tootie and get help as fast as I can!” she said and ran away.
- “Now what?” Timmy said. “We’re just gonna hang here until she gets back?”
- “I spy something that begins with an… R!” Boris said and everyone looked at him angrily. “What, I’m just trying to make the time go faster!”
Ashley snuck out of the dungeons and saw Violet and Indigo walking in a corridor. She walked closer to them, trying not to be discovered. She could see that Violet was unarmed, but Indigo kept his weapons in his sleeves and could still be armed. She kept walking silently behind them, hoping they’d split up soon.
Back in the dungeon, Timmy started losing it.
- “I can’t just sit around here doing nothing!” he said. “There’s got to be some way to get out of here!”
- “Not unless we could feed Mac with some candy!” Boris said. “But with these chains it’s impossible to reach my pockets.”
- “Wait, I have an idea!” Timmy said. “I think I have a plan of getting us out of here, but it involves Mac eating candy. I won’t do it before Mac says it’s ok!”
- “Go on, Timmy!” Mac said. “Saving Tootie is worth some candy!”
- “Good, here’s my plan: During the summer, I worked for various fairies in Fairy World. Instead of giving me money, they lend me wishes. Sometimes I didn’t know what to wish for when I helped them, so they started giving me Wishing Cards. I only have one card left, I thought I’d need it so I hid it in my sleeve… but I can’t remember who it’s from.
- “Does it really matter?” Ben said. “A wish is a wish, right?”
- “Not exactly, some fairies can only do magic in their own areas. For example, if I’ve got a card from Cupid then the wish has to be something about love. It says my card is from… The April Fool? How is he gonna help me?”
- “Summon him, we’ll think of something!” Goo said. “How do you summon him?”
- “All it takes is a rhyme with their name in it, observe! ‘April Fool, with a silly hat. I want my wish, what’s up with that?’”
In a poof, a fairy with a yellow jacket, white shirt and a purple jester hat on his head.
- “Turner!” he said. “You’re in a dungeon, with a DUNG ON your shoe. What’s up with that?”
- “He’s funny!” Goo said.
- “No, he’s creepy!” Mac said. “Make your wish so we can get rid of him!”
- “New friends, Turner?” April said. “I though you didn’t have any, except that one girl who disappeared.”
- “Long story, Fool!” Timmy said. “I need my wish now, can you break Mac’s chains?”
- “Look at me, Turner, who do you think I am? I’m the April Fool, master of comedy! Breaking this guy’s chain won’t be fun for anyone. What’s up with that?”
- “Ok… then what can you do?” Mac asked the odd-looking fairy.
- “I’m afraid I can’t tell you what I can do, you just have to ask me and I’ll tell you IF I can do it!”
- “Ok, let’s do this your way!” Timmy said. “I wish Mac’s chains were made of whoopee cushions!”
- “Now you’re thinking like a Fool!” April said and in a poof he disappeared and as promised, Mac’s chains turned into dozens of whoopee cushions.
Meanwhile, Ashley kept following Violet and Indigo, when suddenly they stopped. She thought they noticed her. In panic, she took up her wand and hoped to at least know them unconscious.
- “Severus Scissors!” she yelled and shot numerous scissors against them. Indigo dodged all of the scissors, but one of the scissors cut Violet’s mask off making it fall to the ground.
- “Peek-a-boo, little witch!” Indigo said and once again tranquilized Ashley with his gas. “This is the first time I see your face, Violet…”
- “The first and the last time.” she replied.
- “Or perhaps I should call you… Valerie Gray?”
Meanwhile in the dungeons, Timmy’s plan was starting to work.
- “Ok, now what?” Mac asked Timmy.
- “I’ve got candy, Mac!” Boris said. “It’s in my pocket, you can have it!”
- “How long has it been there?”
- “Uh… a while?”
- “Do it for Tootie, Mac!” Timmy said.
- “Aw well… here goes nothing!” Mac said and started to chew on the chocolate bar. His eyes instantly narrowed, his whole face expression changed from once calm and collected to the face of a maniac. “Suuuuuugaaaaar!”