WTDC chapter 07: X Marks the Spot
X Marks the Spot
At the hospital room, Tootie suddenly heard a sparking noise outside of the window. She opened to check it out, and just below the window was her classmate Ben Tennyson hanging of an edge.
- “Ben?” she said. “What are you doing here?”
- “Hi Tootie!” he said. “Nice day, huh? I’d like to hear about your summer, but I’m now hanging from the fifth floor of a hospital! Any chance of helping me up?”
Boris and Mac went to the window and helped him up.
- “Look, Tootie.” Ben said when they’ve dragged him in. “I’d love an introduction with your friend here, but it’ll have to wait! I have something really important to tell you!”
- “Let’s hear it!” Tootie said.
- “Well, I just came home earlier today and I saw a suspicious man in a cloak. I just knew he was up to something bad, so I followed him. He went to this hospital and shot out some grappling thing out of his neck and climbed up here. I turned Grey Matter and…
- “Grey what?” Timmy said.
- “I’ll explain later!” Tootie said.
- “As I was saying, he climbed up to this window, sat down and listened to every word you were saying. I hid under the window, also hearing what you guys were saying. I’m afraid he’s heading for your apartment, Timmy! He’s trying to steal the portable portal to the Fairy World! I figured he might work with that Violet person you talked about!”
- “Oh no!” Timmy said. “My dad’s in trouble! What’re we going to do?”
- “You’re still too weak to get up from your bed.” Ashley said. “We’ll take care of him!”
At Timmy’s apartment, Mr. Turner had just opened the door and there stood Indigo.
- “Can I help you?” Mr. Turner said.
- “No, I believe you can’t! But don’t worry, I’ll help myself!” Indigo said and sprayed out yellow gas from his sleeves. Just as that, Mr. Turner fell asleep.
- “My sister always said I had stinky armpits!” Indigo said and started to search the apartment. After searching for a while, Ben, Ashley, Mac, Boris and Tootie arrived.
- “Don’t move a muscle!” Ashley yelled. “Who are you?”
- “Fun selection of words!” Indigo said. “I have reasons not to reveal my true identity, just as my colleague did. You can call me Indigo!”
- “What are you planning on doing with the portal?” Ben said.
- “Hey, I know you… you’re Ben Tennyson! Don’t get too jealous of Turner, you’re on our hit list as well!”
Meanwhile at the hospital, Timmy and Goo waited and prayed for the others to succeed.
- “Who was that guy?” Timmy said. “And what’s Grey Matter?”
- “His name is Ben Tennyson!” Goo said. “Once when he was 10, he found a strange satellite in the woods. When it opened it had a weird watch in it, the watch just sorta jumped up on him and wrapped around his wrist. He tried to get it off, but he couldn’t. He later realized that the watch was actually some weird alien invention that could turn him into one of 10 weird aliens. One of them is called Grey Matter, a small but smart imp-like creature.”
- “Ok… so you think any of those aliens could overpower that Indigo guy?”
- “No doubt! It may not look it, but that watch can turn him into any sort of alien, most of them are huge and brutal!”
Back at the apartment, everyone had the feeling that a huge battle was to take place.
- “Why do you want me?” Ben asked Indigo.
- “I don’t know, it’s just the boss’ command!” Indigo said. “As is the mission to take Turner’s portal!”
- “Well…” Boris said. “What makes you think we’d let you take it without a fight?”
- “Threatening me, are you?” Indigo said. “What’re you gonna do about it?”
- “He’s right, Boris!” Tootie whispered. “Only Ashley and Ben would be able to take this guy on!”
- “Then on him we’ll take!” Ben said and hit his watch.
A huge flash appeared and when it faded, Ben stood now as a huge crystal creature.
- “Let’s get him, Ashley!” he said.
- “Interesting!” Indigo said. “Then let the battle begin!”